Friday, April 10, 2015

Juggernaut

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe ~ Emperor

The companion book indicates how various decks present the Emperor, and how readers and querents perceive them, often two divergent areas of thought. Pollack's is an Emperor/Shaman figure, one who rules the outer world but also has the gift of knowing the spirit/inner world.

I'm reminded by this card I often place myself in my daily card in the same manner as house or car shopping. You have to make that mental jump or the process won't move to completion. Emperors are charged to execute and complete as their driving force, yet I can never place myself in the Emperor card.

Without leaders and leadership chaos would reign, but must it always be at the cost of individual thought? I expect that singular trait in Emperors is what keeps me from embracing or even admiring the breed.

"There’s a point when you have to choose whether to be like everybody else the rest of your life, or to make a virtue of your peculiarities." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin 1929-  The Dispossessed

2 comments:

  1. I love this quote and my peculiarities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leadership is not a comfortable role for me. I don't like being accountable for the big picture, especially when it depends on people I'm required to manage. It did make me see supervisory positions in a new way though.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn