Friday, April 24, 2015

Self

Daily Draw: Philosopher's Stone ~ Self

Me, myself, and I have been reading about Self from the philosopher's standpoint.

The tidiest explanation is the Kanizsa triangle; the Self sees or divines the triangle that isn't there.

"The greatest hazard of all, losing one's self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss, an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, is sure to be noticed." ~ Søren Kierkegaard 1813-1855 The Sickness Unto Death

2 comments:

  1. After years of losing parts of Self, I slowly begin to rebuild my Self from bit and pieces found in shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been fascinated by optical illusions. The one that still baffles me is Checker Shadow Illusion.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn