Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sharing

Daily Draw: Philosopher's Stone ~ Sharing

For good or bad, the computer made sharing easier, copy/paste/print or floppy disk, and the
internet even more so. We can go to Project Gutenberg and read or download ancient books we'd never had a hope of seeing. Most big museums have online galleries, the Smithsonian has a website we can spend weeks using and not exhaust.

I'm reminded by this card the internet and the microwave share something in common. They both can do so much more but by habit or design we do so little with either. Why do we use the web to make the equivalent of popcorn for the brain?

"In the long history of humankind and animalkind  those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed." ~ Charles Darwin 1809-1882

Speaking of sharing, will the reader from the Ukraine please contact me re: Margarete Peterson, I've found what you are looking for

2 comments:

  1. I confess I do use the internet for popcorn but not always; I've found some nutritious solid food there too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good and bad with the internet. It's harder to sweep cruelties and injustices under the rug, but then it's also a medium for airing gossip and speculation.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn