Saturday, April 18, 2015

Success Via Randomness

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Magician

The passage from Fool to Magician reminds me of the Roomba vacuum, a robotic round disk. Turned on when you leave for work, it will blunder around the room all day. Theory being even without direction it will eventually get the whole room by accident rather than design. I've never seen one but the different brands get high reviews.

That shot my random path theory out of the water, maybe the Fool is no dummy after all. And that path of success via randomness may be what gives the Magician much of his strength. Standing before his dying city, his greatest tool is knowing by not giving up there is always some measure of success to be achieved.

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work." ~ Emile Zola 1840-1902

1 comment:

  1. The "random path theory" makes me think of Edison's quote: I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn