Sunday, April 5, 2015

Understanding

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ High Priestess

High Priestess doesn't do anything, she watches, listens, thinks and understands.

I'm reminded by this card this is the biggest reason for conflict in life, we don't understand so we put our defenses on high alert which in turn blocks understanding. In a blessed life where I have everything I need, I'm still dangerously painfully short of understanding.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900


Shining Tribe, published 2001, Llewellyn Publications, second incarnation. Originally published as Shining Woman with a more singular focus. 332 page book and deck art by Rachel Pollack. Out of print.

The Shining Tribe has four renamed Majors, and the Minors have no court cards, those markers have been replaced with:
Place=Entering the suit
Knower=Understanding the suit
Gift=Able to use the suit
Speaker=Share the suit
Those suits in this deck are: Tree/Fire, River/Water, Bird/Air, Stone/Disks.

1 comment:

  1. Deep listening (internal and external) is a rare skill. I'll be working on it until the day I take my last breath.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn