Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's A Mental Thing

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ Queen of Swords

I died when I was thirteen, only here because I was in Emergency Room at the time. I think from that time forward I've always considered acquisitions and purchases with the idea of who will it burden when I'm gone.

I'm reminded by this thinking Queen it is a mental thing isn't it? Controlling or feeding our avarice or distaste for 'stuff'. The Queen of Coins just runs off falala and fills her cart, our Queen of Swords deals with the recriminations. Mine reacts like Kevin McNally's character in Pirates of the Caribbean when the Kraken is first mentioned.

"There is no allurement or enticement, actual or imaginary, which a well-disciplined mind may not surmount. The wish to resist more than half accomplishes the object." ~Charlotte Dacre 1771-1825   The Passions, 1811

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow, what happened to you when you were thirteen? Glad you were in the ER.
    Thoughts are such a two-sided coin. Believe the factual ones, and you can find some sense of contentment. Believe the illusory ones and that "cart" will never be empty or full enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burst appendix. I'd been really sick for a week, but mother was taught if you could pull your knees up to your chest it wasn't appendix. She also believed if there wasn't blood and bones sticking out you weren't sick.

      Delete
    2. How did we survive our childhoods? :D

      Delete
  2. My girls are more like the queen with a full cart and I am the one who makes herself believe she doesn't need nothing at all. I envy my girls sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too sometimes when I see quilters with 50 sewing machines :) OOOoo Shiny!
      My Queen of Swords stands on my brain with cleats on her shoes.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn