Thursday, May 21, 2015

Jumping Ship

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ 10 of Wands/Flames

Our Monday spark has become the real thing. All our energy and effort has been building up to this, the grande finale.

I'm reminded by this card, that oddly enough, this is where many projects fail. We jump ship. Fear of success?  Fear of having to do it again. Fear of full responsibility. Fear of expecting more of ourselves than our lazy bum side is willing to give. And probably why the 10's in Tarot are more about too much rather than the enough the 9's signify. But if it is worth starting, it is worth finishing.

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." ~ William James 1842-1910

3 comments:

  1. I have heaps of unfinished projects. Often afraid to ruin them in the final moments and afraid they won't life up to my expectation. Gee some unexpected life lessons here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ's approach that even 10-15 minutes a day on something is worthwhile really inspired me. So, I have an unfinished project (my Intro to Lenormand online training), that I'm recording 5 minutes at a time. As long as I do something on it every day, I count it as good :D Sometimes, we need to break things up into manageable bits, in order to finish that thing.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn