Sunday, May 10, 2015

Kindle

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ Page of Wands/Fire

Dimmi: What kindles your enthusiasm or passion?

New scenery.
A clear blue sky day, both the frosty ones and hot ones.
A long walk.
A tidy work space.
Dreams.
Immersion in something totally different.

But then what? From that trigger the answer is always, at root, our own brains. That initial kindle requires effort and energy to build up the fire, bring it to life. Some are abandoned, some aborted, a few see the light of day; our best work, worthy of scrutiny. I'm reminded by this Page, life is short, daylight is burning...

Da Vinci Enigma Tarot, St. Martin's Press 2005. Softcover 144 page book Caitlin Matthews. All illustrations from Leonardo Da Vinci's work, credited to dozens of universities and museums.  Many of the majors have been renamed and each card has a Dimmi or 'tell me'.

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful you introduced me to this deck. I like the dimmis. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn