Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mental Vandalism

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

Our septic system up north at the farm has been vandalized. That is a Coins problem, but the act has ruined our relationship with the buyer who has bid to purchase.

The shock loosened the mad monkey mind and resulted in a sleepless night of what ifs.  I'm reminded by this card, when I did get up and start my day I realize it is no big deal really. I'll get the power turned back on so we can verify that they haven't also damaged the pump, and get cracking on repairing the damage. How simple is that?  It is so easy to make a 7 of Swords situation into a 10 of Swords it is ridiculous.

"We live immersed in narrative, recounting and reassessing actions, anticipating the outcome, situating ourselves at the intersection of several stories not yet completed." ~ Peter Brooks 1938-

2 comments:

  1. Geez louise, why in the world would someone vandalize a septic system? I suppose just because there was opportunity. But you make an excellent point - no need to let the mind make matters worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get so angry when people do such senseless things. Good for you, you've chosen to act on it :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn