Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Potential Of Holding

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ 5 of Cups

Are these cups empty?Are the feelings dead? A few days ago petty was how I was feeling. Rob's favorite aunt died and no one bothered to tell him. Prickly creature that I am, I was appalled, then mad, then the following day, full of mean and petty thoughts. Early in the afternoon I finally talked about it and poof, all the negative was gone.

I'm reminded by these cups just because we think something is over doesn't mean we can't still be caught by surprise emotions. They can't hurt me, I don't think it is possible, but hurt Rob? Worse than a direct hit on me...these cups are double chambered so right side up, upside down, they still have the potential of 'holding'. And spilling.

"I have had more trouble with myself than with any other person I have ever met." Dwight Lyman Moody 1837-1899

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear how insensitive people can be. And now for you and Rob
    When somebody hurts one of my loved ones I instantly change in a protective instinctual animal. Thank god for our ability to talk! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn