Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Stress Test

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ 5 of Coins

Is misery a state of mind? Is it a place of retreat?
Have you ever taken this Stress Test?  My mother was given to saying "crying? I'll give you something to cry about." 'Cause usually if we have time to cry over something the reason/event is already over.

I'm reminded by this card of where I now am on the misery meter. For some people this place would be the height of misery, for me, by comparison to the last few years, it is nirvana. Where we are is who we are, that day, that time. Today my score is 415, a great improvement over the last few years.

"Misery pulls away the brackets of life leaving you to free fall." ~ Jeanette Winterson 1959-    Written on the Body

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm only at 151; I suppose my life is less stressful than I imagine it to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all stress isn't bad. The stress to get something done by a deadline, company coming, etc, that kind of stress is fun, but different for everyone. Those big stressors piled on top of each other is what makes us go off the rails. Superman is a comic book character.

      Delete
  2. Just like you I am content with where I am now. Others might pity me too but I am happy and grateful for this amount of peacefulness in my life right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity you? Although I know a bit about your background stressors I think most of us who follow your blog envy your artistic talent and word smithing very much. We are far too hard on ourselves...

      Delete
  3. I too am in a good place, here's to continued good days.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn