Monday, May 11, 2015

Unfinishing

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Tarot ~ 5 of Cups/Water

Dimmi: What old patterns cause present loss?

When I was in the midst of cancers and deep depression it was hard for me to even shop for groceries; why bother came to mind. This winter and  spring my mind has moved on from that point. I have my next three or four projects lined out, I'm happy to have my oncology appointments further apart, I'm planning towards a big retreat more than eighteen months away.

I'm reminded by this Unwinding 5 of Cups, it is also easy to fall into an old habit I hoped never to see again. Unfinishing to be specific. As if I have all the time in the world. I don't. None  of us do. Finish need not equal dead but proof of a well lived life.

"Engage your effort to be faithful to your finish." ~ LaShaun Middlebrooks Collier

2 comments:

  1. Great post with a reminder I needed. It's hard for me to focus when I have too many projects on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear you are planning way ahead. Some of my paintings never reach the finish line. Afraid to ruin them I keep them stored waiting for that last spark of inspriation.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn