Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Walk The Walk

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Tarot ~ 3 of Swords/Air

Dimmi: What are you mourning, what is painful?

The figure is St. Sebastian, one of  many murdered/martyred of the early Christian sect by the Romans. Barbaric, but still going on today in some middle east countries when faith is suspect. Interesting what people will willingly do for sport and call it law. Some accounts say he survived a torso full of arrows, was healed by a friend, only to be clubbed to death later for again haranguing Emperor Diocletian.

I'm reminded by this card, to be in the minority can be painful, and more so if we live our differences or cause or opinion, because it can result in isolation. Sometimes, yes I mourn all the still living family I've lost.

"We're all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding." ~ Rudyard Kipling  1865-1936  The Light That Failed

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that living authentically has broken some family ties. My family (except my girls) doesn't know my opinion about a lot of thing that matter to me. They don't; ask I don't tell. That's rather lonely too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, but that small still voice says there is something dreadfully wrong with me. Mostly I ignore it, by common sense still says there is something wrong with me.

      Delete
    2. I think it is just the other way around. There is something wrong with them :)

      Delete
  2. If we just could be comfortable with differences instead of thinking we need to "evangelize" those who have divergent ideas. Sigh. I have a small circle of people who know the "real" me; the others I just smile and say little to when I'm with them.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn