Friday, June 26, 2015

Acceptance. What A Concept...

Daily Draw: Chakra Wisdom Oracle ~ Acceptance

From our root chakra comes the card of acceptance.
What do I have in me to do or be?
What don't I have in me?
When is finished really finished?

I'm reminded by this card how hard it is to take a compliment. It has taken me about 25 years to understand 'thank you' is acceptable. And desired. No one wants to hear why the comment isn't acceptable.
Without dimming my pure pleasure at anything quilting related, in the last 10 years or so I've accepted the limits of my design ability and that I'm not willing to put 600 hours into a quilt anymore. I can live with that.
I've just this past year accepted I have done all I can for all our family and the rest of my life is for me. Hard to do but I can live with that.

"Where's the entrance to the exit?"  Popeye the Sailor Man 1929-

2 comments:

  1. Some decisions are hard to accept but if we want to stay mentally healthy we have to let go of a lot wants and needs and shoulds and oughts

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn