Saturday, June 13, 2015

Complex

Daily Draw: Nature's Wonders Oracle ~ Contemplation

What is the difference required in number of nanoseconds between thinking and contemplating? I'd say I'm contemplating this card while I write my post, but I'm also thinking about the work in the veggie garden I'll do next, the cat we are trying to rehome, the nice day off we had yesterday, my oncology appointment next week, my mother and brothers, my niece's wedding, plus all the catcalls from the madmonkeymind I'm ignoring, yet to all intents and purposes I'm sitting here contemplating this card.

I'm reminded by this card we are complex beings, we'd probably have to go back a hundred thousand years in our evolution to find a time when we were capable of singular thought.

"The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts." ~ Charles Darwin 1809-1882

2 comments:

  1. You have indeed a monkey mind! For me writing is the only thing which can keep me focused. Or.... it is one monkey screaming louder than the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But to be able to contemplate what your thoughts are (observe those monkeys jumping from tree to tree), now that's a gift!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn