Thursday, June 4, 2015

Day To Remember

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ Ace of Coins

Felicity is a word the deck creator used to define the Ace of Coins. The dictionary says: a state of being happy, especially in a high degree; bliss: marital felicity.

I'm reminded by this card Charlene Livingstone's education and occupation is based in the fine arts. I've been told she began this deck as an effort to occupy her mind while nursing her husband through dementia. I look at this detail of a Monet and wonder if the day she choose it as Coin's Ace if it was based on a felicitous memory, or if she and he were having a rare good day then, a day to remember.

"Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity." ~ Mahatma Gandhi 1869-1948

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that's how this deck came to be. Makes me like it even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I found the art background info on usgames site, the dementia info came quite some time ago, who knows where now. I couldn't find any blog or webpage or anything for Livingstone to link to or give credit to.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn