Monday, June 8, 2015

I Wish

Daily Draw: Nature's Whispers Oracle ~ Make A Wish

Blowing out birthday cake candles, saying something the same time someone else does, (I think that one also required twisting pinkie fingers while wishing), blowing out a dandelion seed head, a white horse, the first star, coin in a fountain, turkey wishbone. My personal favorite, wishing on a white horse.

I'm reminded by this card of 'be careful what you wish for, you might get it' and 'spit in one hand, wish in the other, and see which one gets full first'. The world always has a yin for a yang doesn't it?

"the whole point of the wish business was to see to it that what the client got was exactly what he asked for and exactly what he didn't really want." ~ Terry Pratchett 1948-2015  Eric

1 comment:

  1. As kids, we would tell the unsuspecting that the tall seed head of bahiagrass was a "wishmaker." We'd tell them to place the stalk horizontally in their mouths, close their eyes and make a wish. Then while their eyes were closed, we'd pull it through the sides of their mouth leaving them with a mouthful of seeds. I learned to run fast back in those days...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn