Thursday, June 11, 2015

Swing Like You've Never Swung Before

Daily Draw: Nature's Whispers Oracle ~ Maintain Childlike Spirit

If near a proper playground I can always be found in a swing, going as high as I can. Who wouldn't? It feels just as great as it did at eight years old.

I'm reminded by this card of the little park set aside for children in the big development below us. I don't recognize a single piece of equipment or what it's use  might be. All designed for safety and not fun I suppose.  The city announced recently they were taking the equipment out and converting the space back to a buildable lot.  What a waste of potential.

"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them." ~ Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry 1900-1944  The Little Prince

1 comment:

  1. I love all swings - whether on the playground or porch. It gives me a taste of freedom and joy.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn