Saturday, June 27, 2015

Thank you Pacifica

Daily Draw: Chakra Wisdom Oracle ~ Gossip

Gossip, dirty hurtful gossip. Hate it. But I'll tell you a bit of gossip about myself you don't know. I'm a hello-er and good bye-er. I picked up the habit from my friend Theresa. When she entered and left her home she'd always say "Hello house" or "Good bye house, I'll be home soon".
Somehow that became my practice over the last ten years; I'm so grateful for shelter and home.
Except as superstitions are wont to, it has gotten  transferred to my vehicle too. "Hello car" and "Thank you for a safe journey car".

Yesterday I took possession of  my new Jeep and said good bye and thank you to my Pacifica. I hugged it and thanked it for ten+ years and many thousands of safe miles, and cried because it was my last concrete link to two pets and two people I miss every day. I'm reminded by this card and my tears today, you never do stop missing someone, do you?

5 comments:

  1. Today is my anniversary and my husband came over for a BBQ. Missing someone who sits next to you will never stop and I couldn't even cry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stands in line to hug Ellen... (((E)))

    Memories light the corners of my mind
    Misty water-colored memories of the way we were
    Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
    Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were.
    Dang, now you've got me singing Streisand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comings and goings and so the wheel turns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for caring my friends

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn