Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Hurt For Others

Daily Draw: Minchiate Etruria ~ Page of Cups

She is still  leading with her heart. She hasn't been hurt or embarrassed enough times to develop a insulated, don't give a crap, hard heart yet.

I'm reminded by this card of reading a long thread about how people dress yesterday. It didn't concern me at all and I wouldn't have read it if it hadn't been quilters talking. The deeper I read the more amazed I became at how harsh the women were.  Like the facebook post I made in February, reading that thread changed how I feel about a number of the members. No point to this post I guess, only that we can still be caught by surprise by a hurt heart. A hurt for others.

"Cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness." ~ Tennessee Williams 1911-1983

2 comments:

  1. Hurt for both parties I guess: the bullies and the victims

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kind of experience is why I have as my signature on the AT forum:
    "When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~Rabbi Milton Steinberg
    It's a constant reminder for me when my fingers are flying across the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn