Friday, July 10, 2015

Context

Daily Draw: Minchiate Etruria ~ Page of Swords

Not a Page in the general youthfulness of the term, but a grown man perhaps knocked back for cause? Or a Page drill sergeant? He appears to be in a pose of some kind doesn't he, certainly not in danger, with his sword point at rest. Or a soldier who would rather be doing golf swings?

I'm reminded by this card of context.

"Is everyone who lives in Ignorance like you?" asked Milo.
"Much worse," he said longingly. "But I don't live here. I'm from a place very far away called Context." ~ Norton Juster 1929-  The Phantom Tollbooth

2 comments:

  1. He's out practicing covert tactics, then the phone rings in his backpack. It's his mom wanting to make sure he brings home some milk when he's done for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn