Thursday, July 9, 2015

Enduring

Daily Draw: Minchiate Etruria ~ Capricorn

Practicality and physical endurance. As I creep around with my usual short-term morning stiffness, careful how I turn my head, careful how I sit down or bend over, and me just a pup, I think about my uncle Chuck. Early 80's still running marathons and pole vaulting to great heights.

I'm reminded by this card to marvel at all the amazing differences there are in the Golden Agers. Which bodies persevere or don't, the state of bodies neglected or nurtured. Here is to some Capricorn in all of us.

"Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do."~ Aristotle  385 BC - 322 BC

6 comments:

  1. This is exactly the reason I've decided to make some changes in my lifestyle.
    Great quote !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an interesting-looking deck! The quote is perfect. Capricorn has made itself known more than once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This LoS edition is marvelous. FireCat/Reese helped me a lot with it. I wish he'd write a book.
      Thank you both for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Actually I think Aristotle said that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good catch Carla, Thank you
      http://nesn.com/2013/07/readers-digest-credits-shaquille-oneal-for-aristotle-quote/

      Delete
  4. Or as the Sufis say, 'My life is my prayer. As I live, so I am.'

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn