Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ever Vigilant

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ 10 of Coins/Jewels

I had a friend who didn't make it through her second round of breast cancer six years after the first onset. I've used to wonder why she didn't go to the doctor sooner.

I'm reminded by this card I'm coming up on four years clear and I know why she didn't go. Because she felt well, and the cancer brain that runs on for a year or two saying I know I have cancer Everywhere slows, and then stops. We do feel well. I'm reminded by this card of ease and complacency to be ever vigilant.

"Complacency is always a comfort, and sometimes a career." ~ Albert Camus 1913-1960

The deck this week is Lo Scarabeo, Tarot of the Origins 2000, long out of print. Raw and primitive, art by Sergio Toppi (1933-2012). Suits are:
Wands, green/nature
Swords, red/blood
Cups, blue/soul
Coins, yellow/jewels

1 comment:

  1. Good to know you will take good care of yourself my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn