Thursday, July 30, 2015

Knowledge Bank

Daily Draw: Guardians of Wisdom ~ 2 of Coins/Diamonds

Oddly enough, because I limit my time on line so strictly, my on line time is one of the major reasons I've changed over the last 18 years. We had libraries of course, I worked in three, but you have to know what is  missing, what is needed before you can find the book information you need. Working with the Web we can start with a word, the results tell us if we are on target and we can enlarge and refine our scope from there. To encompass all the world's knowledge it sometimes seem.

I'm reminded by this card, that knowledge has to be sieved and winnowed and verified, keeping our bogus meter running. But every start is another step in growth. For me genuine knowledge is worth more than gold and diamonds.

"If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is no barking dog to be tethered on a ten-foot chain." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson Jr. 1900 - 1965


2 comments:

  1. For me it is almost impossible to really grasp the abundance of information and possibilities the internet provides. I can easily get lost in this world wide web

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just as important to learn what is pure fantasy as well as what is fact - a full education of sorts. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn