Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sad Vigilance

Daily Draw: Enchanted Astrologer ~ 6th House

The 6th House seems to be much akin to tarot's suit of coins. Health in body and mind, occupations, favors and gifts, all living creatures and things. And the suit of swords too, the opposite side, dirty things done to us, and self-inflected bad news.

I'm reminded by this card I will go to my grave thinking my breast and lung cancer were self-inflicted. We all have dormant disease cells, lying about doing nothing at all, and my nature combined with circumstances fired them up like a full tilt chainsaw. What could they do but thrive?
I've learned my lesson. So far it has cost me my in-laws, one brother, a dear friend, but if I'm not vigilant keeping myself out of harms way who will? My 6th house has both sides, the me who cares too much which is now governed by my ruthless side.

"Being vigilant isn’t a part-time job, it’s not about being nice to people, it’s about reality. I made a terrible mistake, believing the ones that want to hurt us are easily identified, rather than walking and hiding amongst us. That’s my reality." ~ Tucker Elliot  The Rainy Season

2 comments:

  1. Strange that the ones who are "supposed" to love us the most are the one who often cause the most harm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are protecting themselves from me as far as I know, but I've sure as hell learned to stay out of stressful situations and relationships.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn