Sunday, August 9, 2015

Burnt And Bombed

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ Strength

Do you think of Strength as being physically strong?
Or as a beneficial quality of your character?  Skills, assets, purpose, or influence and power?

I'm reminded by this image of the Summer Palace, Beijing, of how our Strength needs change over a human's lifetime. The summer palace was just for the highest royalty and consequently a war target, burned to the ground once and later bombed. In the course of living we too are sometimes burnt and bombed, heart broken, body and mind assailed, and still we rise and go on, often 'more' than we were before. Amazing really...

"If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off." ~ Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826

Sacred Sites Tarot by Lo Scarabeo, 2012, art and words, Federico Penco/Massimiliano Filadoro.

5 comments:

  1. You have to live before you really know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I love your words about Strength. I don't see it as physical. Rather the opposite. I've been burned and bombed more than once and entered into the darkness thinking there was no way out. Somehow I seem to find the way and in the end learn the m most about my Self. Facing whatever it is we have to face always makes us stronger. Ready to face the next ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of depends on the day. Some days I'm poor pitiful me, just going to go eat worms.
    Other days I know what we pass through makes us vibrant women, unique in our inner and outer strengths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharyn, my apologies for spelling your name incorrect in previous post ... indeed, I have many days are filled with sadness or poor me but I am finding these days helpful in finding my strength. I am learning to be more aware of the thoughts in my head on these days and explore them further. Often leads pretty deep and gets me a step closer ...

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful, earthy way to see this card. You are such a wordsmith, woman. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn