Friday, August 14, 2015

Excavation

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites ~ Judgment

Jericho. A 10,000 year old city whose history is mostly guesses. Or myth.

I'm reminded by this card, it is also the very first card on this blog, from March 5, 2007, Fairy Tarot. I said "The landscape is fallow, even blasted. A reminder, when I set myself above others by judging them I gift myself with a heart much like this landscape". This truth still applies, as layer after layer of personal excavation is still being revealed.

"Time forces one to realize that the interpretation of an excavation is partially formed by the archaeologist's own world-view." ~ Multiple sites.

2 comments:

  1. Love the callback to your very first post; you had much to say in just a few words then just as you do today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but SO many words between, most depressing.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn