Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Something To Cry About

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ 3 of Swords

Tunguska, Siberia. In 1908 what is now believed to be a space rock about 120 feet across entered Earth's atmosphere and disintegrated at 28,000 feet. It heated the air to 44, 500 fahrenheit and blew people over, 40 miles away. The power expended at core equaled about 185 Hiroshima bombs.

As an info-junkie I find all that fascinating. As a human I find it astounding as far as anyone knows no human life was lost. Unlike the Chicxulub meteor that killed all living things above ground within a few hours of its impact. In typical 3 of Swords fashion, we are back to mothers saying "stop that crying or I'll give you something to cry about".

"We’re transients. The land remains." ~ Neil Gaiman 1960-

1 comment:

  1. It was supposed to have knocked down eighty million trees. I can't even fathom that. I wonder what it looked like from above the earth.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn