Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Surely There Is Something?

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ Sun

Teotihuacan Mexico. Who built it? Who lived there? Still questions without answers today. They came, they built, they went. The Aztecs who gave it the current name arrived a thousand years after it was founded.

I'm reminded by this card fame and fortune and infamy are fleeting in real time. So many civilizations have come and gone, what will remain of ours in a thousand years? When the Sun comes out then what have we created that will be worth excavating? I'm scraping my brainpan this morning, I can't think of anything. Surely there is something?

"Pride breakfasted with plenty, dined with poverty, and supped with infamy." ~ Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH, Sharyn, for sharing all these different decks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each day I am surprised I can pull a new meaning from my cards, but every day there it is, waiting to kick my (Y). I've pulled the Sun better than 50 times on this blog, what will it tell me next time?

      Now my info junkie mind wants to know from how many different decks...

      Thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn