Saturday, August 8, 2015

When Momma Aint Happy

Daily Draw: New Earth Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

Have you heard the phrase "when momma ain't happy, nobody's happy"?  It always makes me laugh, probably because it is so true. Oddly, I've never heard this of dads or seen it played out.
Perhaps because mothers hold the center, the core of the family as a general rule.

I'm reminded by this card dads aren't peripheral, just their core spot in the family is different.  I wonder how many times I've missed out on friendships because I don't know where the core resides. Or maybe I'm too much of a lazy bum to do the work it requires. The swords on this 5 know where the problem lies.  I'm disconnected and unfocused, still.  Maybe my brain has been tasered behind my back...

"Avoid fragmentation: Find your focus and seek simplicity." ~ Dan Millman 1946-

2 comments:

  1. In my case (I have only a few local friends), I find that the definition of "friend" has changed - and I obviously haven't kept up with changing times. My idea of friendship isn't posting on Facebook, but spending time over coffee talking about things that matter (not the latest sale at the mall).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother taught me:"When everybody is happy then mother is happy" impossible to fulfill:)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn