Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Conception, Completion, or Recognition?

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 8 of Coins/Stones

Through our art we express reality and imagination and release.
Others may not recognize it as such, most of us aren't artists.
I have a quilt titled Tsunami, would you know it if you saw it?

I'm reminded by this card to honor other's art, as I do my own. No one can know the effort and feelings that go into something even if the result doesn't hang in a museum. Farmer's produce is art, as is the mason's brickwork and a parent's healthy children. Does it become art in conception, completion, or recognition?

"I was yelling at them to run, but they couldn't hear me." ~ Karin Svaerd, Swedish Woman.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe everything which involves creative thinking can be seen as art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reminded by what my grandmother used say to me in trying to get me to eat something new: How do you know you won't like it if you don't try it? Got to get past all our opinions to really appreciate anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this one of your quilts, Sharyn? It's gorgeous! My mom was a quilter extraordinaire and some of the fabric you've used here reminds me of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, this is one of my quilts, in progress. It has since been quilted and bound, but I've never slept under it, just looking at it jangles my nerves.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn