Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fling Back The Lid

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Death

She flings up the lid.
She plucks all the flowers.
She swims in the evening.
She rests in the sunshine. Rachel Pollack, Death
Pollack finished her chemo treatment on the 23rd. I had five weeks of daily radiation treatments. I recognize treatment is key to getting health back, but it doesn't allow the mind time to seek mental healing, you just can't get away from the current reality.

I'm reminded by this card I'm now four years out from breast cancer and two and a half out from lung cancer. It isn't all consuming any more but I'm never far from reminders and fear. One of my dogs has started sniffing  my breath. He has been with us seven years and this is new behavior. My mind goes straight to the studies that have used dogs to sniff out cancer and I can't help but say every time he does it, it makes mind and heart lurch. Death is part of life, but I'm with Pollack, fling back the lid and get living.

Shining Tribe Tarot (revised edition) deck, art and 330 page companion book by Rachel Pollack. Published by Llewellyn Worldwide 2001. The first edition was titled Shining Woman.

The suits are elements: Trees/Wands, Rivers/Cups, Birds/Swords, and Stones/Coins.
The courts have been changed to Vision Cards: Place, Knower, Gift, Speaker. Place enters the suit, Knower understands the suit, Gift is able to use the suit, Speaker shares the suit. A few of the majors have been renamed: Hierophant/Tradition, Wheel/Spiral, Judgment/Awakening, World/Shining Woman.

5 comments:

  1. fling back the lid and get living. That's hard for many of us but in your case an almost impossible accomplishment. I am often astonished by you courage my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel courageous, but when we take things one day at a time, which is the only option, I expect all of us are courageous. Life is pretty scary sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks lovey. Some beautiful scenery on your blog, thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Maybe he was interested in what you had for supper?
    Fling that lid like a frisbee...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn