Monday, September 7, 2015

No Yawning

Daily Draw: Brownies Oracle ~ Immersion

What is your immersion of choice? Mine is quilting of course, my sister-in-law's is golf, my dad's was rockhounding and associated lapidary, my neighbor's is all things Western.

I'm reminded by the little card when someone shares their immersion subject with me to stay alert and smiling...it is only common courtesy because then they can do the same while I go on (and on) about my own interests.

"Being solitary is being alone well: being alone immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of your own presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement." ~
Alice Koller  An Unknown Woman

2 comments:

  1. I think I have several little ponds I like to sit in rather than one large lake. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i had more hours in the day to fully immerse myself and enjoy my solitude :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn