Thursday, September 3, 2015

Placid

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

Luck is with me for 15 days and I should go play Bingo. Come on now...do I really think those were Jean-Baptiste Alliette's words in the 1700's when he fashioned this deck? Ah...oh. Research shows bingo's origins date back to the 1530's, first organized as a national lottery, still going today, in Italy.

I'm reminded by this card how little I know but I'm always happy to learn something new. And really, my life is just a series of lucky stumbles, I could never say I planned and carried though any serious life plan. Yet I doubt my life transit wouldn't vary much from most of the women I know. Interesting that. Are we that placid, like cows in a field?

The appearance of ordinariness is an illusion, just below the placid surface, the world is seething." ~ Dean Koontz 1945-  Deeply Odd

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn