Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chattel

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Gyfu/Gebo

Do you have a lucky number? This rune is apparently the origin of that line of thought. And perhaps where our feeling of obligation comes from when receiving a gift or need to negate when speaking of our talents and skills.

Gyfu/Gebo reminds me today that give and take in all areas is one of the Great Keys to a balanced and lasting relationship. If it is all one-sided quit kidding yourself, you don't have a relationship, you are or have chattel.

"Keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best." ~  Epictetus  AD 55-c.135

4 comments:

  1. You taught me a new word today - chattel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stuffed with words. Trouble is I always have to looking them up online to spell them!

      Delete
  2. I thought it was just me who had to open the dictionary! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bookworm and always learning new words. But I am super quiet in real life, so I know all these words but not how to pronounce them..and I've always been pathetic at spelling. I get excited when I get to use a new to me word

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn