Sunday, October 18, 2015

Gathered Together

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ 10 of Shields/Coins

Were the questers Dark Age barbarians or Middle Age honorables? Without formal proof the whole story of the Round Table and Grail quest is down to myth and belief. But certainly in all ages there have been times to gather and celebrate life, harvest, and quests.

I'm reminded by this card of gatherings. Some gave a lesson to be remembered, others offered heartache, and yet others were of course, joyful. Whenever families or peers gather there is bound to be a little of each.

"It is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be." ~
Anna Louise Strong  1885-1970

Legend the Arthurian Tarot, art and 256 page A Keeper Of Words book by Anna-Marie Ferguson, published by Llewellyn Worldwide. My second edition was published 1998, Suits are titled Swords, Cups,  Spears are Wands, Shields are Coins.

1 comment:

  1. Those people I gather with (especially the ones that frustrate and irritate me) are good mirrors to peer into sometimes. I often have more in common with them than I'd care to! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn