Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Heavy Work

Daily Draw: Tea Leaf Fortune Cards ~ Shield

My shield is about the size of a barn. It is heavy work carrying it around, at the ready, at all times. But still I do it.

I'm reminded by this card, why is it we need the biggest shields against the people we love, who in theory should love us?  I'm going to lay mine down for a few minutes this morning. We've neither any axes to grind against each other, this should be easy. Will the door slam shut? I'll know pretty soon.

 "Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." ~ Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

9 comments:

  1. Vulnerabilty is a hard thing to live with (said behind her tinfoil shield).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've build my walls over many years and fortified them skillfully. Opening windows and doors is scary but I need air!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carry on! You are a great and honorable leader ;)

      Delete
  3. I drop my shield today as it is a special day that I will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pick up my shield.

      Delete
    2. Wow. That is amazing. It didn't kill me to drop mine, although I build things up in my mind to an astonishing degree. I'd rate my effort at 20%. It is a foot in my mental door

      Delete
  4. Well there is a rock in the door keeping it from slamming shut. Not what I'd hoped for but certainly better than before the call :) And it didn't kill me to use the phone. I HATE talking on the phone! I shall give myself an extra gold star for using it

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn