Sunday, October 11, 2015

Jockeying

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ 10 of Imbolc/Wands

Self promotion is how this deck sees the 10 of Wands. Quite different from the pity party it is often portrayed as, or burden carried.

Here in Canada and USA it is coming up on elections. I much prefer the idea of UK's six weeks campaign.  The expense of campaigning here is huge because the countries are huge and the candidates have to be everywhere.  A first in national elections, a number of candidates have been blown out of the race by injudicious use of social media coming back to bite them. But as far as blowing their own horn, I doubt you could am for high office without a big ego; the press and public hold no one safe from being blasted in every way possible. Weird job to jockey for...

"I wonder how many people are clutching secrets like little fists, like rocks sitting in the pits of their stomachs. All of them, maybe." ~ Lauren Oliver 1982-   Before I Fall

3 comments:

  1. There's a 12 Step saying: You're only as sick as your secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be scared to death if I was running for office and I knew I had a dirty secret
    Maybe such a secret weighs more than ten wands on you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As requested -- http://www.rowantarot.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/elemental-affinities-and-how-i-learned.html

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn