Monday, October 12, 2015

Let Us Gather

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ 7 of Beltane/Cups

I went to a quilt show yesterday at the Aurora Colony, an 1800's commune whose root and concept was based on religion and celibacy. Well you know how well that worked out...the colony quilts shown listed the family chains that had passed them down.

I'm reminded by this card instinct will always perpetuate the line. And on the whole, family will always gather to share the one thing they have in common, blood.

The actual stuff my family owned, those boxes under my stairs, I can't quite bear to look at. I like other people's things better. They come with other people's history." ~ Gillian Flynn 1971-   Dark Places

1 comment:

  1. I've never quite figured out how enforced celibacy was a good thing... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn