Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Marked By Childhood

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ 9 of Imbolc/Wands

Big activity. Spring cleaning. I wonder if anyone cleans like that anymore? Short finances precluded such luxury as a vacuum when I was growing up. The rugs we had were all moveable, and wood heat and wood cook stove made a dusty dirty house.  It made sense to pull out the rugs, throw them over the clothes line and set the kids to beating the dust and dirt out of them. Inside, curtains, furniture, walls floors ceilings, windows all got a good going over. Kinda makes me tired to think about it...but then I got my FitBit step report today, the lowest ever in 2.5 years.  Lazy bum indeed.

I'm remind by this card, we had time to do all that cleaning because we were late adopters to progressive technology. There was no TV or phone and the rest of the stuff that eats up our days hadn't been invented. Probably why I don't have a TV now, and limit my time online, and avoid talking on the phone. Funny how I think I'm such an independent thinker, yet am still marked and lock stepped by childhood.

"The key phrase there is “get into the ecosystem,” which means downloading apps, movies, music, books, long distance home security, etc." ~ Erica Ogg  Gigaom Research 6/13

6 comments:

  1. I like the new inventions of this era and I probable spend too much time with them but there are limits: I don't have a smartphone (yet) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a smart phone but only use it for phoning :)
      And I bought an iPad a few months ago because it has such good accessibility options. I'm going to need those vision options sooner rather than later I think.

      Delete
    2. I love to read book on my tablet for the same reason! So easy on the eyes:D

      Delete
    3. I downloaded the Kindle app last night, looking forward to trying the whole idea out.

      Delete
  2. I've started going through journals written as a teenager, and it's interesting to note how many beliefs have not changed, as well as how many attitudes have. It makes me aware of how much we internalize things ... so deeply that we don't know when it happened, and so blindly that we don't realize they're not necessarily true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. attitudes and beliefs, I think you've hit it on the head. So much of my life seems to have had no introspection at all.
      Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy your journal blog. Sharyn

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn