Saturday, October 31, 2015

On The Wind

Daily Draw: Tea Leaf Fortune Cards ~ Kite

Have you looked at kites lately? You will seldom see a old fashion kite shape if you do. They are incredible works of creative invention. Just look at this clip from Long Beach's annual festival.

I'm reminded by this card of all the ways I and the world have radically changed since the time of a simple kite, a spring wind, and arguments about how to make the best tail. Arguments weren't very long, we were limited to mom's rag box and what she was willing to give up.  That box is also what I turned to for my Chinese Jump Rope...bless dad's underwear elastic.

"You can't fly a kite unless you go against the wind and have a weight to keep it from turning a somersault." ~ William J. H. Boetcker 1873-1962

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I had forgotten all about Chinese jump rope! It didn't take much to entertain us back then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an art to make everything from nothing

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn