Thursday, October 1, 2015

Spare Me Reincarnation

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 9 of Cups/Rivers

In Pollack's mind these broken cups represent reincarnation, we keep coming back until we are whole and can hold the light we are meant to be.

What a depressing thought. In my mind each life experience, good bad indifferent, in the next instant, offers options. Start over and do it better, learn a lesson and don't do it again, create a new path. Personally directed redemption is the opportunity to get it right, in the only life we get. Reincarnation is just one more way to excuse ourselves from consequences.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself." ~ Richard Francis Burton 1821-1890

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn