Monday, October 5, 2015

Strong Suits

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Ur

Standing at the Magician space, the auroch, until hunted to extinction, indicated brute masculine type strength seldom attained by the feminine sex. It also stands for raw elemental power and determination.

I'm reminded by this card, when Ur is required to manage our goal we seek collective strength. The support group...one of our strong suits.

"Brute strength is blind without direction." ~ Samuel Butler 1835-1902

The Runic Tarot includes a major arcana of 24 rune cards in a zodiac wheel broken down into three groups; workers, protectors, prayers, with traditional Norse significance.
This is coupled with a minor arcana of four suits of 13 cards each, based on the four seasons of Imbolc, Beltane, Lughnasadh, and Samhain. The Runic Tarot kit includes 76 beautiful cards with art by Caroline Smith, and the 184 page companion book written by John Astrop. Published by St Martin's Press 2003.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know this deck very well but I love working runes so I am looking forward to see more of this deck

    ReplyDelete
  2. You changed horses midstream. :) This is a great deck, and I always enjoy seeing you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I didn't look at the system before I shot off, as usual. It is pretty cleverly constructed, requiring 3 cards per draw. That is deeper and more time consuming than I am willing to spend online. My Tibetan Oracle is the same way, you can spend a week on one of those readings.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn