Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Headlines

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ 9 of Beltane/Cups

My home page when I come on-line has headlines from Australia, the UK, and Canada. The headlines always send  me reeling as I click here next.

I'm reminded by this card it is just a decades old habit to scan the headlines first thing. And with a computer it is the easiest thing to change, AKKK. I don't know how to do it in chrome! There is no file/edit/view/favorites/tools marching across the top of the screen. It would make this a 9 of Beltane day if someone can tell me how to get those options at the top of Chrome. Or at least how to change my home page...

"Journalism has a drawback that cannot be overrated. Headlines have a brutalizing effect , which both excites and demoralizes the public." ~ Margot Asquith 1864-1945

4 comments:

  1. I've got no idea. But it drives me crazy too - as if someone else should tell me where my attention needs to go and what I need to be fired up about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the right upper corner you have a icon with three horizontal lines
    Left click and you can select "settings' and then you see a heading for changing the appearance of Chrome where you can change your homepage etc
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. After muddling about I managed to change the theme :) And in so doing lost my home page completely. But, from your idea, I went back through History, found my news page and just added it to Bookmarks. All that news can wait until I get around to it.

    Thank you, and hug your big bulging brain for me.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn