Friday, October 9, 2015

With Us, For Us

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ 4 of Samhain/Swords

A family, having adventures, traveling together. I'd sincerely like to believe families still do this.  Dad said late in life he was sorry he wasn't around more, that it seemed like he was always picking up overtime, driving his big concrete mixer truck.

I'm reminded by this card we all were struck incredulous by the very idea. Because when dad was home he was with us, he was always there for us. We weren't sent to do chores, he did them with us, he was a great believer in 'many hands make light work'. If we were camping, which was the most common entertainment, he was hiking, fishing, reading, playing games, with us and mother. I knew I was lucky then, and I know I was lucky now. There are many ways to relax and rest and thinking those memories is one of my ways.

"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." ~ Sydney J. Harris 1917-1986

2 comments:

  1. What lovely memories you have of your father. He must have been a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of going on vacation always seemed much more fun than the actual event for us. :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn