Monday, November 2, 2015

Committed

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ Page/Knave of Swords

Committed. Upright, dressed to the shoes, tools primed and ready.
As an employee that is as it should be. As a self-employed soldier would this be less, or more common? Does a retired soldier have different 'pulling self together' habits than a retired butcher baker candlestick maker?

I always face and order my paper money. Banks don't even face their paper money any longer.
Rob 'pre-trips' any vehicle before we leave, a life time of habit there.
I always put lipstick on before I leave the house.
Neither of us ever wear grubbies going anywhere.
Some old habits can be ridiculous, or just as likely, they are simply comfort level. Our differences are what make life interesting.

"Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach." ~ Tom Robbins 1936-

4 comments:

  1. Committed and flexible are good watch words this morning. I've been on the phone for 3 hrs. so far trying to get new insurance since our old policy is going to be dropped. Right now we are looking at over $900 a month for me and my daughter. They have got to be joking, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No joking. Mine alone is 975 dollars a month. Before the new health care laws it would have been close to 2700, because of my history. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There is a central site where you can compare all the different sellers, but they should be pretty close. I also have a very high deductible. Best wishes.

      Delete
    2. Holy cow....thank goodness for the Affordable Care Act.

      Delete
  2. "I always put lipstick on before I leave the house" My mother does it and so do I :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn