Sunday, November 1, 2015

Damned By Birth

Daily Draw  Etruscan Tarot ~ Emperor

We've had tinpot and tosspot leaders, who always have a limited time in office, but an Emperor? I can't get my mind around the concept at all.

I'm reminded by this card a leader based on blood and birth order is groomed from babyhood, so despite the public glamor and adulation, they are imprisoned in their role. They have my pity.

"Woe is me. I think I am becoming a god." ~  Emperor Vespasian 9 - 79 AD

Lo Scarabeo, 2006, Etruscan Tarot based on ancient Etruscan art from tombs and necropoleis in what is now Tuscany. Art by Silvana Alasia, booklet by Riccardo Minetti.

2 comments:

  1. Cursed or worshiped, what a role to have forced upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holland is a kingdom so I can understand your point a view. I used to want to become a queen or a princess. Nowadays, not so much anymore :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn