Friday, November 6, 2015

Gold Monkey

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ Sun

All I can think of with this image is the one hit wonder TV series. Tales of the Gold Monkey. The setting was several South Seas islands, and you've never seen actors perspire as much as this group did. It is the most convincing part of the show when you get right down to it because each plot becomes increasingly more far fetched.

I'm reminded by this card, of fronts we put up, and fronts we are taken in by. How light on a subject brings out the fake and the true. In truth the Etruscan climate is quite like my own Pacific Northwest USA although the cards give the illusion of hot and dry. In truth the Gold Monkey show was filmed on set in Los Angeles, and on location in Hawaii. All that perspiration was hosed on. Don't believe everything you see until you've exposed it to natural light.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." ~ George Carlin 1937-2008

2 comments:

  1. "Don't believe everything you see until you've exposed it to natural light." Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, I had no idea! I would have guessed the Etruscan climate to be much like my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn