Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Moving On

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

Heck darn. Sometimes we come to this place in spite of all our best efforts in the opposite direction. And then move on.

I'm reminded by this card at 8:30 AM we will be sealing the sale of our farm up north. Where I spent three years caring  for Rob's dad as he spiraled deeper into dementia.  In spite of the reason, we came to know the real Gene, as all his years of safeguards against people began to fall away, and the boy who lived before those came out to play. I'm still not over the horror of caring for my mother, but even at the end, we would have taken on Gene again in an instant.

"The secret of change is to focus your energy not on past which has gone, but give new direction to your dreams." ~ Anil Sinha 1956-

2 comments:

  1. Funny how dementia brings out what was often hidden before. May things go smoothly with the sale. I imagine there will be a bit of grief as you pass it on to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote really touched me deeply

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn