Friday, November 27, 2015

Severed

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ Queen of Swords

Independent. Dependent. My ego thinks of myself as a modern independent woman. My reality is quite different if I'm to be honest.

I'm reminded by this card my pension goes to health insurance. I'm a lucky girl to have both, but of course it wasn't my vision of carefree retirement. Which places me as dependent on Rob for food and shelter, also not my vision. And speaking of vision, I can clearly see Rob ramping up around here, learning and taking on tasks a low visioned woman will have a lot of trouble with. Also lucky. But infuriating since I'm being honest. This lolling Queen with the severed dependence would be a hard person to find in my world.

"What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you." ~ Anthony de Mello 1931 - 1987

1 comment:

  1. I suppose we are all interdependent in some respects. I'd have no idea how to turn cotton to cloth for clothes or create electricity.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn